Wednesday 21 September 2011

How to add $1000 value to your house for only $12

Where have I been?  What have I been doing?

Don't worry, I have NOT forgotten about you out there in blog world!  I have been a little distracted...with sumer...but I do have a few projects to share.  I didn't sit around sunbathing ALL summer!  lol 

One project I finished was the painting of my exterior doors...finally!   I paid $12 for 1 quart of Rustoleum Satin Black paint, and finished several coats to 3 doors in 3 days. 

I think the classic black added so much to the house!

Here are the before pictures.  I painted the doors a few years ago, they were supposed to be dark espresso brown, but were a reddish brown chocolate.  Hated them right from the start, but had to live with them for a while. 




Sorry about the snow picture - I had to find old ones because I forgot to take a before picture. 

Here is the after:





NEXT - QUESTION - I am thinking about changing the color of the siding on the front porch when we put the new windows in.  What color should it be?  Remember...it is a 100 year old house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment