Friday 26 August 2011

Rustic Country Island

My friend "Miss M.", and her hubby "J" created an awesome country cottage kitchen a couple of years ago.  Painted beadboard, open shelving.  Delightful.  "J" is pretty handy, and made SUPER FANTASTIC maple butcher-block countertops! 
Here is the "old" kitchen:









They are always working on one project or another.  Imagine my suprise when they told me they were re-doing their kitchen......again!  I know!  I know!  There is nothing wrong with it!  Yikes!  This time they splurged for beautiful new shaker cupboards, and created a new island, as well as removing a wall in between the kitchen and diningroom/livingroom.  The beadboard stayed, but where are those maple counters????  I wonder if they will curb them?...I think I should keep an eye out for them.
Here is the new NEW kitchen:





and:  THE ISLAND! 
Includes:  Barnboard, a tree for the footrest,
and look at that chunk of wood for the bartop! 







Lets not forget, NO farmhouse country kitchen is complete without the farmhouse table & chairs:

"J" made the table top too!


2 comments:

  1. Wow really like both kitchens! Beautiful work I love the country table the best and that island rocks!Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home Depot which are especially beneficial as they offer useful information not only about the right product for your kitchen countertops but also about installing it within the correct manner. The staff in these stores is incredibly friendly which makes it a pleasure for you to approach them for support.

    ReplyDelete