Wednesday 27 April 2011

Wordy Wednesday - Rain

Well, I see "Wordless Wednesday" in my travels in blogland, so I thought I would have my own personal "Wordy Wednesday"! We are experiencing a tonne of rain in my "neck of the woods"! It is good for the flowers, the grass, ducks, the lakes, and fish....but really?? This much?? Should I build an Arc?? I am thinking of collecting animals 2x2! The kids are stuck inside, and so are the adults. ugh...The days are dark and gloomy.  And, I even like rain,...normally!! Warm rain after a hot summer day....thats my kind of rain.  We have had the odd nice day, (usually a work day) but it seems to be followed by 5 days of heavy rain.
Colourful rubber boots and umbrellas are the upside.  The kids coming home from school with mud up to their "bedonkidonk" - *sheesh*



I opened my eyes
And looked up at the rain,
And it dripped in my head
And flowed into my brain,
And all that I hear as I lie in my bed
Is the slishity-slosh of the rain in my head.

I step very softly,
I walk very slow,
I can't do a handstand--
I might overflow,
So pardon the wild crazy thing I just said--
I'm just not the same since there's rain in my head.

~by: Shel Silverstein



No comments:

Post a Comment